Dental Implants in Catonsville, MD
Smile Confidently With Healthy New Teeth
Adult teeth are meant to last a lifetime, but many adults find themselves with at least one missing tooth at some point. At Akeso Oral, Facial & Dental Implant Surgery, we can restore health and beauty to your smile with dental implants, a long-term solution for missing, broken, or failing teeth. Our oral surgeons use the latest techniques and technological advances in implant dentistry to provide a seamless surgical experience and incredible results. If you would like to replace missing teeth or explore your tooth restoration options, contact our office in Catonsville, MD. Our surgeons will evaluate your needs and provide you with a custom treatment plan to restore your smile.
What Is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant is a type of replacement tooth that is surgically inserted into the jaw bone. It consists of a titanium post, which acts like a tooth root, an abutment, and a crown. Together, these parts replicate the function and appearance of a healthy, natural tooth. Regardless of how a tooth fell out or became damaged, a dental implant can restore it as long as there is sufficient jaw bone to support the implant. Some people receive a single implant, while others receive a full mouth of implants or an implant-supported denture.
Dental implants are unique because they are the only tooth replacement option that prevents jaw bone loss by fusing to the bone. Removable dentures and bridges restore the appearance of missing teeth, but they do not restore full oral function or preserve the jaw bone.
Benefits of Dental Implants
No Dietary Restrictions
Dental implants are strong and you can eat your favorite foods like steak and corn on the cob without worrying about removable parts.
Protect Oral Health
Your implants help prevent bone loss and preserve the alignment of your other teeth, contributing to positive long-term oral health.
The crowns attached to the implant post are custom-made to look like natural teeth, blending in seamlessly with your smile.
No Special Care
Maintain good oral hygiene by brushing and flossing your implant along with your other teeth—no special care regimen necessary.
Types of Dental Implants
As the leading dental implant provider in Catonsville, Akeso Oral, Facial & Dental Implant Surgery offers a variety of restorative treatments using top-of-the-line implant systems. During your first visit, your surgeon will design a custom treatment plan for your smile, health, and budget.
- Single Tooth Replacement. As long as there is adequate jaw bone, we can place a single implant anywhere in the dental arch to restore a damaged, infected, or missing tooth.
- Multiple Tooth Replacement. Multiple implants can replace missing teeth throughout the mouth, while an implant-supported bridge can replace several teeth that are next to one another.
- Same-Day Dental Implants. After having a tooth extracted, we can place a dental implant at the same appointment if you qualify for immediate implants. This saves money and reduces the overall treatment time.
- Full-Arch Restoration. This life-changing procedure involves using several implants to secure a fixed prosthesis, providing you with a brand new, fully functioning smile.
- Mini Dental Implants. Ideal for patients who cannot undergo invasive procedures or lack sufficient jaw bone for a full-sized implant, mini dental implants function just like traditional implants and require less-invasive techniques.
- Zygomatic Dental Implants. Whereas traditional implants are inserted in the jaw, zygomatic implants are inserted in the cheek bone. They are ideal for those with upper jaw bone loss who cannot undergo a sinus lift.
- Zirconia Dental Implants. If you have a metal allergy or prefer a non-metal option, zirconia implants are made of a ceramic material and function just like a traditional implant.
- Pterygoid Dental Implants. In cases of severe upper jaw bone loss, pterygoid implants may be appropriate, which are inserted in the pterygoid plate in the skull.
The Dental Implant Procedure
At the consultation, we will take 3d scans of your mouth, design your custom treatment plan, and discuss your anesthesia options. There are many options available for your comfort, including IV sedation, laughing gas, general anesthesia, and local anesthesia.
On the day of your procedure, we will administer the anesthesia and begin the procedure once you are comfortable. Your oral surgeon will make an incision in the gum tissue, insert the implant post, and place sutures around the implant site if necessary. The abutment and/or a temporary crown may be attached to the implant at this time.
The healing process takes several months as the implant integrates with the jaw bone. Once fully healed, you will return for a second surgical procedure where we will attach the abutment if this was not done already. Your restorative dentist will place your final crown, completing your dental implant restoration.
Denture Replacement With Dental Implants
Dentures are another option for tooth restoration, although many patients find them uncomfortable and dislike having to remove their teeth during meals and brushing. Dentures rest on the bony ridge on the mouth and do not stimulate the jaw bone to keep it strong. Partial dentures may attach to existing teeth with metal framework, causing additional wear and tear on your healthy teeth.
If you wear full or partial dentures and are ready for a healthier, more convenient alternative, contact our office in Catonsville to explore your denture replacement options. Full-arch restoration is excellent for patients missing most or all of their teeth, or an implant-supported bridge can replace a partial denture with beautiful, fully functional teeth. Our team looks forward to providing you with a healthy, stable, and comfortable solution for your smile.
Dental Implants in Catonsville, MD
At Akeso Oral, Facial & Dental Implant Surgery, we make implant-based tooth restoration a possibility for more patients by offering bone grafting treatments and a variety of dental implant systems. You deserve a healthy smile that you love, and we encourage you to contact our office in Catonsville, MD, to explore your treatment options.
Hear From Our Patients
Committed to Patient Care & Clinical Excellence
As a patient at Akeso Oral, Facial & Dental Implant Surgery, you can expect to receive the highest level of care from a team centered around your needs. We proudly serve patients of all ages in the Baltimore-Washington metropolitan areas and invite you to contact us to schedule your appointment.