Pre-Operative Instructions: GeneralBack
- NO EATING OR DRINKING (including water) after midnight or at least 8 hours prior to your procedure.
- ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES to be consumed the day of your procedure.
- ABSOLUTELY NO DRUGS (INCLUDING MARIJUANA) OR SMOKING 72 HOURS PRIOR TO YOUR APPOINTMENT.
- If you show up for your surgery and have not followed the 8-hour eating and 24-hour alcohol requirements, or 72-hour drug and cigarette requirements, there will be an inconvenience fee of $100.00. You will not be allowed to reschedule your appointment until this fee is paid.
- Pre-operative medications, if required, are to be taken 2 hours prior to your appointment with the minimum amount of water needed to swallow.
- An escort is required for any general anesthesia/IV sedation procedures. Your escort must sit and stay in the waiting area or their vehicle for the entirety of your appointment to be prepared for your dismissal. If you are under the age of 18, it must be your parent or legal guardian. If your escort leaves at any point during your procedure, a $100.00 inconvenience fee will be applied to your account. Public transportation is NOT considered transportation for a surgical procedure.
- Please wear a short-sleeved shirt or a loose-sleeved shirt to allow access to your arms for an IV line and for monitoring of your blood pressure and heart. Wear clothing that is loose-fitting around your arms, legs, neck, and stomach. No boots, flip-flops, heels, jewelry, pantyhose, sandals, or slippers are to be worn for this appointment.
- NO FINGERNAIL POLISH of any kind (gel, acrylic, etc.).
- NO SPRAY TANS. This makes it difficult to place your IV.
- If you wear contacts, please bring your glasses instead.
- Patients taking medication should bring the name and dosage of each medication to the office on the day of your appointment. If you are asthmatic, please bring your inhaler with you as well.
- You cannot operate a vehicle or any other heavy equipment for 24 hours after surgery.
- If you wish to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please provide at least a 48-hour notice. If not, a $130.00 broken appointment fee will be charged.
- If you do not show up for your scheduled procedure, a $130.00 broken appointment fee will be charged.
- If you develop any illness, including cold or flu symptoms (cough, runny nose, nasal congestion, sore throat, upset stomach, etc.) within 2 weeks of your appointment, you will need to call the office and reschedule your appointment after you have recovered.
- Due to HIPAA laws, there are NO PHOTOS OR VIDEOS of patients allowed in our facility.
Failure to comply with the above may cause your appointment to be canceled/rescheduled, as well as possible charges to be applied to your account. Please do not hesitate to contact the office if you have any questions concerning your general anesthesia/IV sedation.
Learn more about the procedures we offer, our practice philosophy, and get started on your journey to a healthier life through oral surgery.