Dental Implants in Fulton, MD
Restore Your Smile & Oral Health
Dental implants are an incredible treatment option for those struggling with missing or failing teeth. The oral surgeons at Akeso Oral, Facial & Dental Implant Surgery, specialize in implant-based tooth restoration and can help you achieve the healthy, confident smile you deserve. Our office uses the latest implant technology and bone grafting treatments to help more patients qualify for dental implants. Contact our practice in Fulton, MD, today to explore your treatment options and begin your smile restoration journey.
What Is a Dental Implant?
Dental implants are replacement teeth that are surgically inserted into the jaw bone. The titanium post simulates a tooth root, providing stimulation to the jaw bone and allowing you to eat and speak comfortably. Natural teeth roots keep the jaw healthy by providing stimulation during chewing.
When teeth are missing, the jaw bone deteriorates, resulting in sagging facial features, bite problems, and misalignment of other teeth. A dental implant is the only type of replacement tooth that integrates with the jaw bone, keeping the jaw healthy and preserving facial structure. Incredibly versatile and easy to care for, dental implants are a popular choice for patients with varying restorative needs—they can replace a single tooth or your entire smile!
Benefits of Dental Implants
Improve Oral Health
Dental implants keep the jaw bone healthy and help maintain the alignment of your other teeth.
Every dental implant crown is designed to blend in with your other teeth for stunning, natural-looking results.
Once healed, dental implants become a fixed addition to your smile and can last a lifetime with proper care.
Eat & Smile Confidently
Take pride in your smile again and enjoy your favorite foods without dietary restrictions or moving parts.
Types of Dental Implants
There are many types of dental implant treatments available. Your surgeon will evaluate your oral health needs to determine the right treatment for your smile.
- Single Tooth Replacement. We can use a single implant to replace any tooth, including front teeth, canine teeth, and molars.
- Multiple Tooth Replacement. We can place an implant-supported bridge to restore multiple teeth that are next to each other or place individual implants anywhere you need new teeth.
- Same-Day Dental Implants. If you are having a tooth extracted, we can place a dental implant at the same appointment, reducing your overall treatment time and eliminating the need for a separate surgical appointment.
- Full-Arch Restoration. If you are missing most or all of your teeth, we can place an implant-supported denture in one or both arches and restore your oral health and functionality.
- Mini Dental Implants. Mini implants function just like traditional implants and are placed using less-invasive techniques. They are ideal for those who lack sufficient jaw bone for a full-sized implant or who cannot undergo invasive surgery.
- Zygomatic Dental Implants. Whereas traditional implants are inserted into the jaw, zygomatic implants are placed in the cheek bone. These are ideal for patients who have significant upper jaw bone loss and cannot undergo a sinus lift.
- Zirconia Dental Implants. Patients with metal allergies or who prefer a non-metal alternative choose zirconia implants, which are made of a ceramic material.
- Pterygoid Dental Implants. Patients with severe upper jaw bone loss can still receive new teeth with pterygoid implants, which are inserted into the pterygoid plate in the skull. These implants also eliminate the need for bone grafting.
The Dental Implant Procedure
To design your custom treatment plan, we will take 3d scans of your mouth at the consultation using state-of-the-art imaging technology. Oral surgeons are qualified to safely administer many types of anesthesia, including IV sedation, general anesthesia, local anesthesia, and laughing gas. We will help you select the right option for your level of comfort.
During the procedure, your surgeon will make a small incision in the gum tissue and insert the dental implant. Sometimes, the abutment and/or a temporary crown are also attached to the implant at this time. Sutures are placed around the implant site, if necessary, and your healing process will begin.
Over the next few months, the implant will integrate with the jaw bone and after it fully heals, you will return to our office to attach the abutment if this was not done during the initial procedure. Your restorative dentist will create and place your final crown, completing your dental implant restoration.
Denture Replacement With Dental Implants
Removable dentures are another popular option for patients looking to replace missing teeth. However, many patients who wear dentures seek a comfortable, more convenient alternative because dentures can cause sores, slip around, and cause feelings of embarrassment. Dentures also require special care to maintain good oral hygiene. The cost of these products, plus having to replace the dentures every few years, can add up.
Dental implants are an investment in both your oral health and your comfort. They remain in your mouth at all times, require no special care beyond regular brushing, and restore your ability to eat and speak. Full-arch restoration using dental implants eliminates the inconveniences associated with removable dentures and provides you with a life-changing new smile. Learn more about denture replacement with dental implants by contacting our office in Fulton, MD.
Dental Implants in Fulton, MD
At Akeso Oral, Facial & Dental Implant Surgery, we make implant-based tooth restoration a possibility for more patients by offering bone grafting treatments and a variety of dental implant systems. You deserve a healthy smile that you love, and we encourage you to contact our office in Fulton, MD, to explore your treatment options.
Hear From Our Patients
Committed to Patient Care & Clinical Excellence
As a patient at Akeso Oral, Facial & Dental Implant Surgery, you can expect to receive the highest level of care from a team centered around your needs. We proudly serve patients of all ages in the Baltimore-Washington metropolitan areas and invite you to contact us to schedule your appointment.